Monday, January 26, 2009

My first fancy cupcakes

I remember receiving these box of goodies during my 25th birthday from Liezel and the other Tec mods. The cupcakes looked too wonderful to eat. But eventually my friends and family and I ate the stuff and it was yummy. Until now I still think of these fancy cupcakes during my birthday. So probably these cakes also inspired me to make some of my own.


Ok, so this is my first venture into fancy cupcakes. I went all out for my friend Thess' birthday. Actually she was my little experiment hehe. I was scared of doing frosting at first and when I saw Wilton ready made icings in tubes (P119), I bought one (pink) to see if I could decorate my cupcakes using icing.

However, It was obvious that one tube would not be enough to frost almost 2 dozen cupcakes so I really had to try making my own frosting. I didn't like my frosting to taste too vanilla, so I added tons (spoons heheh) of cocoa powder to the mix and somehow it came out okay.

The Wilton icing also had an okay taste, not too sweet, not too overwhelming. Will try another frosting recipe next time too.





I hope Thess liked her birthday cupcakes.

No comments: